For children aged 5-12 we have several "Run, Jump & Throw" clubs with 8 week blocks in each school term. This part of the Club focuses on fundamental movement skills and helps children learn vital skills which they will need as they develop.
Youngsters are introduced to a range of athletic events, basic skills, balance, coordination and speed sessions; the essential ABC's of all sports.
More details on the "Run, Jump & Throw Club" including dates, times and locations for the next block are available via the link below:
Regular weekly training and full club membership starts at age 9.
For primary school aged athletes, entry to the club is via one of the "Run, Jump & Throw" clubs which run during school terms or our summer athletics camp which runs for two weeks in the summer holidays.
For secondary school aged athletes, entry to the club is via a block of taster sessions that are run every two months. The taster sessions give potential members a chance to find out about the club, sample the training and take part in a competition, before committing to full club membership.
Please use the link below to find out more about the next planned sessions:
The club don't accept new members on training nights outwith the planned induction sessions, so please can we ask all members not to "bring along a friend" to training sessions.
For senior athletes, who will be specialising in a particular athletics discipline, please contact us to discuss training options.
The club also offer running groups based at Craigswood Sports Centre. Whether you're training for your first race or you're trying out jogging for the first time, our sessions are not only a great way to keep fit but also a chance to meet new friends.
|Club 1||9+||1 Weekly Session||£25||£15||-|
|Club 2||11+||2 Weekly Sessions||£25||£20||-|
* Annual membership year runs 1st January to 31st December with renewal due by 1st February.
Monthly membership of Livingston Athletic Club includes the following benefits:
- Coaching & track access on club nights: *
- Monday 7.00 PM - 9.00 PM at Craigswood Sports Centre
- Wednesday 7.00 PM - 9.00 PM at Craigswood Sports Centre
- Affiliation to Scottish Athletics
- Individual membership with Scottish Athletics *
- Free entry to up to four track & field leagues and one cross country league:
- Central & South of Scotland Athletics League
- Forth Valley League
- Scottish Athletics Indoor League
- Scottish Womens Athletic League
- East District Cross Country League
- Subsidised transport to main league matches
- Free entry to Livingston Open Meetings *
- Free entry to Scottish Athletics Track & Field and Cross Country Championships *
- 10% discount on sportswear at Run 4 It, 108-110 Lothian Road, Edinburgh, EH3 9BE
* Annual membership does not include these benefits.
All club members also need to be registered members of Scottish Athletics. Scottish Athletics are the governing body for athletics in Scotland and are affiliated to UK Athletics.
Membership of Scottish Athletics is required so that club members can compete for the club in league matches and take part in various individual and team events run by Scottish Athletics and other event organisers.
For club members paying a monthly membership fee, the club organise your Scottish Athletics registration and renewal and pay all fees.
For annual members, before returning your membership application for Livingston Athletic Club, you should apply for your Scottish Athletics membership online at the Scottish Athletics website. You will receive your Scottish Athletics membership number via email and the number should be added to your club membership application.
Membership of Scottish Athletics should be renewed annually, and Scottish Athletics will send you a renewal reminder via email. It is important that your Scottish Athletics membership is renewed promptly as league organisers will deduct points if athletes are competing without a valid membership.
Current annual membership fees for Scottish Athletics are:
|Coach||£25 (for 3 years)|
More details can be found at the Scottish Athletics website.