For children aged 7-8 we have "Run, Jump & Throw Club" with an 8 session block in each school term. This part of the Club focuses on fundamental movement skills and helps children learn vital skills which they will need as they develop.
More details on the "Run, Jump & Throw Club" including dates, times and locations for the next block are available via the link below:
Regular weekly training and full club membership starts at age 9. Entry to the club for new junior members is via taster sessions that are run on a near monthly basis.
The taster sessions give potential members a chance to find out about the club, sample the training and take part in a competition, before committing to full club membership.
Please use the link below to find out more about the next planned sessions:
The club don't accept new members on training nights outwith the planned taster sessions, so please can we ask all members not to "bring along a friend" to training sessions.
For senior athletes, who will be specialising in a particular athletics discipline, please contact us to discuss training options.
All junior members pay a monthly fee by standing order to cover club membership fees, Wednesday night training costs and league entry fees. Most senior athletes pay only an annual fee, unless they train at Craigswood on a Wednesday night, in which case they also pay a monthly fee.
Current monthly and annual membership fees for Livingston & District AAC are:
|COMPETING MEMBERS||AGE||WED TRAINING||FEE|
|Juniors||9 - 17||Yes||£12 p/m|
Annual membership fees are payable on joining, and then annually on 1st January each year for the year ahead.
For all new members there is also a £25 joining fee.
Membership of Livingston & District AAC includes the following:
- Coaching & facility access (athletics track/pavilion and sports hall) on main club night:
- Wednesday 7.00 PM 8.45 PM at Craigswood Sports Centre
- Access to additional coached sessions at various venues:
- Sunday 10.30 AM - 12.00 PM
- Tuesday & Thursday 6.45 PM - 8.15 PM
- Affiliation to Scottish Athletics (but not individual membership)
- Free entry to up to five track & field leagues and one cross country league:
- Central & South of Scotland Athletics League
- Forth Valley League
- Scottish Athletics Indoor League
- Scottish Womens Athletic League
- National Junior Athletic League
- East District Cross Country League
- Subsidised transport to main league matches
- Free entry to all Scottish Athletics Track & Field and Cross Country Championships
- 10% discount on sportswear at Run 4 It, 108-110 Lothian Road, Edinburgh, EH3 9BE
All club members also need to be registered members of Scottish Athletics. Scottish Athletics are the governing body for athletics in Scotland and are affiliated to UK Athletics.
Membership of Scottish Athletics allows club members to compete for the club in league matches and take part in various individual and team events run by Scottish Athletics, including national championships and national open meetings. Another advantage of membership is discounted entry rates at other open events.
Before returning your membership application for Livingston & District AAC, you should apply for your Scottish Athletics membership online at the Scottish Athletics website. You will receive your Scottish Athletics membership number via email and the number should be added to your club membership application.
Membership of Scottish Athletics should be renewed annually, and Scottish Athletics will send you a renewal reminder via email. It is important that your Scottish Athletics membership is renewed promptly as league organisers will deduct points if athletes are competing without a valid membership.
Current annual membership fees for Scottish Athletics are:
|Coach||£25 (for 3 years)|
More details can be found at the Scottish Athletics website.