Club Officials Mentoring Programme
We're lucky to have some great Technical Officials at Livingston, but it's vital for the sport that we also recruit and develop new officials.
The club will be holding 12 track and field events at Craigswood over the summer, which are usually supported by over 30 parents at every event!
We're launching a 5 week Club Officials Mentoring programme, to support the parents who are helping, so they feel more confident and knowledgeable when officiating at all levels of athletic competitions.
Over the 5 weeks, you will get an introduction to each part of a competition, from declarations, to the track and field events, and finally the results.
Each 90 minute session will be led by an experienced local official.
- Monday 11 February - Declarations, Seeding and Starter/Starters Assistant
- Monday 18 February - Jumps (Long/Triple Jump, High Jump and Pole Vault)
- Monday 25 February - Call Room and Track events
- Monday 4 March - Throws (Shot, Hammer, Discus and Javelin)
- Monday 11 March - Timekeeping, Photofinish, Results and Announcing
Dates: Monday 11 February to Monday 11 March 2019
Time: 7.00 pm - 8.30 pm
Booking: Please contact us to book a place or find out more.
If there are 1 or 2 weeks you're unavailable, it's still fine to register and attend the weeks that you are available.
Posted on Sunday 3 February 2019