Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Tuesday 17 March 2020 9.00 pm
Following the Government statements yesterday evening, Scottish Athletics have provided updated advice to clubs this morning, particularly given the need to reduce social contact.
We are therefore taking the following action with immediate effect.
- All formal club/group sessions including RJT, Primary Afterschool Clubs, Jogging Group, C25K and the main Club sessions are cancelled until further notice.
- All club events until the end of May, including Junior Grand Prix and Livingston Open Meetings have been cancelled.
- All monthly membership payments will be paused and we will not collect payments until further notice, but please do not cancel your direct debit mandate as this will cancel your membership.
- For RJT block fees, we will offer a discount on future sessions, or a refund for remaining weeks if requested.
- All coaching workshops, including the Leading Athletics workshop tomorrow evening, are postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
Further updates will be provided on the club website and Facebook page.
Our priority is to ensure the health and wellbeing of all athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers, and we will continue to monitor the situation and follow the latest advice from the Government and Scottish Athletics.
However, we fully recognise the importance of all members continuing to be physically active during this time, and understand that small groups of senior athletes may meet informally during this time. We would encourage people to do so in safe and appropriate environments, keeping in mind the latest Government advice.
External - Scottish Athletics statement (17 Mar 2020 9.30 am)
Posted on Tuesday 17 March 2020