After a disrupted year, our club captains Alix and Alastair were offered an extension to their term until the end of 2021.
We're delighted that Alix will continue in her role during 2021, however Alastair has moved for University so will be standing down.
We are therefore seeking nominations for a new male club captain.
With this prestigious role, you'll be able to use your experience as an athlete to help inspire the younger athletes and shape the future of the club.
Some of the expectations for the club captains are:
- Act as a role model and set a positive example to other athletes
- Encourage and support other athletes at training and competitions
- Attend competitions (incl. SUPERteams, Relays, RJT Grand Prix) to support younger club athletes
- Provide athlete feedback to the club's Board of Trustees
- Help at club events if you're not competing
- Regularly attend club training sessions and club competitions
Male athletes aged 16 or over who would like to submit themselves for nomination should email a short candidate statement (approx. 100 words) to Alistair
by Monday 4 January.
If you would like more information about the club captain roles, please speak to Alistair at training.
In January, all club members will get a chance to cast their votes online for their choice of male club captain.